Friday, August 21, 2009

The Purple Lunchbox....a new weekly Carnival!!

The Purple Lunchbox


Anelys from Blooming Buds has started a new weekly food carnival. My older kids usually eat hot lunch at school, but I thought this would be a great way to get me motivated to do some FUN things with the little ones lunches at home. This is the first week of the carnival & I'm am not very prepared. Anelys took pictures each day of what she put in her daughter's lunchbox. I'm hoping to do that next week, but for this week I'm just trying for a recap of what Marissa (4) & Melanie (2) had each day.

Monday: Cheese Quesadilla, watermelon cubes (both LOVED it!)

Tuesday: Eggs & Bacon at Gramma's house

Wednesday: Whole wheat crackers w/ hummus, blueberries & strawberries (Melanie LOVED it all, Marissa didn't eat the hummus)

Thursday: Salami & Cheese, crackers, banana (an all time favorite lunch)

Friday: Leftover hamburger & rice, grapes, watermelon cubes (both ate well)

I really haven't put much thought into lunch before, I think I need to work on getting more vegetables into our lunch menu. I've got lots of saved e-mails with recipes for FUN meals to make for kids, I'll be searching them over the weekend to find some fresh ideas.

5 comments:

Momto3LittleFlowers said...

Cant wait to see all the thing that you will come up with.. Maybe we can do a theme each week... What do you think?? Any ideas??

HappilyDomestic said...

Hello,
Just wanted to invite you to my blog. I am having a giveaway for Rock'N Green cloth diaper detergent and am trying to get the word out. :-) Follow this link:
http://happilydomestic.blogspot.com/2009/08/rockn-green-cloth-diaper-detergent.html

Valerie said...

Hi Denise.

I have been a followr of Full Nest for a while now (at least since Spring), but can no longer view your blog?

Have any other bloggers had this problem or brought this to your attention?

Your header loads for me, and your swag bucks logo at the bottom load, but nothing else; just brown background.

Let me know if it is something that I am doing wrong or if you changed something on your blog that requires a more powerful browser.

Just curious as I miss your posts.

Valerie

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy blogoversary!

prashant said...

Just wanted to invite you to my blog. I am having a giveaway for Rock'N Green cloth diaper detergent and am trying to get the word out
Work From Home