Tuesday, December 8, 2009

FUDGE


One of my favorite Christmas treats is homemade Fudge. I've made the kind with marshmallows or marshmallow cream in the past, but this type with condensed milk is my absolute favorite. I've tweaked this recipe a little bit. It originally called for 3 cups of semi sweet chips, but the package I usually buy is only 12 oz. Instead of opening two bags of semi sweet, I used one bag of semi-sweet & 1/2 a bag of milk chocolate. This recipe can also be made in a double boiler on the stove top, but I find using the microwave to be much faster & easier.
  • 2 cups (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup (6 oz) milk chocolate chips
  • 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • (I used store brand condensed milk & it came out fine)
  • Dash salt
  • 1/2 to 1 cups chopped nuts (optional)(I leave out the nuts)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
LINE 8- or 9-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
  • MICROWAVE METHOD
  • COMBINE chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt in 1-quart glass bowl. Cook on HIGH (100% power) 3 minutes or until chips are melted, stirring after 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients.
  • Spread evenly into prepared pan.
  • CHILL 2 hours or until firm. Remove from pan by lifting edges of foil. Cut into squares.

No comments: