Saturday, December 24, 2011

Cranberry Nut Bread

This is my absolute favorite nutbread! Kroger sells a sweetened cranberry relish in the deli section, it is made with whole cranberries, pineapple & walnuts. A few years ago I discovered I could use it instead of the fresh cranberries in my nutbread it was AMAZING! This recipe is for standard cranberry orange nutbread, but I will note the modifications I made in case anybody feels like experimenting.
Ingredients
2 cups flour
3/4 cups sugar (1/4 cup if using sweetened relish)
1 1/2 t baking powder
3/4 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 cup softened butter
1 T grated orange peel (omit if using sweetened relish)
3/4 cup orange juice (substitute water if using sweetened relish)
1 egg
1 cup fresh or frozen chopped cranberries (or 1 cup sweetened cranberry relish)
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans (omit if using relish that contains nuts)

Preheat the oven to 350. Spray two 8X4 loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda, stir in butter until crumbly. Add orange peel, orange juice and egg. Fold in cranberries and nuts. Fill loaf pans half full. Cook @ 350 for one hour or until wooden tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pans for 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack. When it is completely cool, wrap nutbread in foil to store. This recipe also works great for mini loaves to give as gifts.

5 comments:

binboy said...

I liked it so much and very interesting, too! Thanks for sharing the experience.Wonderful post, really great tips and advice. I was interested by your comment,

Weight loss

wheatgerm said...

sounds like a good filling bread that will get you through the day

jessy said...

Such a great post-- so many of my thoughts were the same, and you put them into words. Thanks for your incredible flexibility!
web design company india

Unknown said...

Nice Blog
SEO company In Coimbatore

Naum Franpos said...

Wow It seems to be delicious I will feature it to my channel especially I have a Internet Australia that is very fast and reliable. Do you have a 1300 number? we can share a our specialty