Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lots of Kids September Cooking Challenge

This is my first attempt at doing a cooking challenge. The challenge is to use at least one cup of cold cereal in a snack or main dish.



My first thought was Corn Flake Chicken, my mom used to make this frequently when I was a kid & we LOVED it. My family doesn't eat breading on most things, so I decided to keep thinking.



My family has recently discovered a new cereal. It is kind of like granola. The box is small, but it is a very filling cereal & has been on sale for $2 per box at my favorite grocery store. I decided to use it as the topping for making Apple Crisp.
I used 3 large Gala Apples & 3 large Granny Smith Apples, peeled and cored. Mix the apples in a glass bowl with 2 tablespoons of Cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of flour 1/2 cup rolled oats & 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Pour the apple mixture into a greased 9x13 glass baking dish, top with 3 cups Just Bunches cereal & bake at 350 for 30 minutes. This is fantastic hot!!!


This same cereal would be wonderful ground up to make crust for cheesecake or even a no bake pudding pie!!!

No comments: