Saturday, June 26, 2010

Strawberry Bread

I book marked this  recipe quite a while ago and keep forgetting to post it. Strawberries are one of our favorite fruits, so we had to give this a try.


STRAWBERRY BREAD
Ingredients

3 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 cups Sugar
1 tsp Salt
2 pints chopped Strawberries

1 1/4 cup Cooking Oil
4 Eggs (well beaten)
1 tsp Red Food Coloring


~ Mix all dry ingredients together.

~ Make a hole in the center of the mixture. Pour strawberries, oil and eggs into the hole.
~ Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.

~ Pour into 2 small greased and floured 9 x 5 x 2 in loaf pans

~Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour


The original recipe also has a yummy cream cheese spread to turn this into tea sandwiches, put my picky eaters don't eat cream cheese

4 comments:

Busy Working Mama said...

That sounds different! I've been into apple bread lately but I'll have to try this out. Thanks!

Jessica Bradshaw said...

It looks WONDERFUL, but I'm wondering, can I use frozen, thawed berries? Thank you for the recipe!

Denise said...

Yes, the original recipe (which I linked) was made with frozen thawed strawberries.

myrtle said...

WoW! this sounds great..gonna try it.=D
wow account for sale