Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tasty Tuesday...Fried Potatoes & Sausage


This is something that I have eaten all my life....one of those things that you "just make". There really isn't a recipe, but I'll try to create one as I go.

Ingredients:
1lb smoked sausage or kielbasa (I like the all beef)
2 lbs potatoes (frozen cubed potatoes are my new favorite)
oil for frying the potatoes
salt & pepper
catsup

I use two frying pans. Slice the sausage into rounds about 1/2 inch thick & brown in first frying pan on medium heat.

If using fresh potatoes, wash thoroughly & cut into 1 inch cubes, peels can be left on or removed depending on how you like your fried potatoes. Lately, I've been using frozen cubed potatoes to save time. Heat about 2 Tablespoons of oil in another frying pan. When it is HOT, add potatoes, season with salt & pepper. Cover with a lid. Cook on medium heat, turning with a spatula every 3 to 5 minutes until the potatoes are starting to brown.

Add cooked sausage to potatoes, stir together & cook uncovered for an additional 5 to 10 minutes allowing the potatoes & sausage to finish browning.

I have served this for breakfast, lunch or dinner....we like it any time of the day!! I usually eat mine with catsup.
Tasty Tuesday has a new host at Balancing Beauty & Bedlam....hop over to see more Tasty Tuesday.

5 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh..that looks like a great weekday meal...all warm and fuzzy.
sandy toe

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

You are my kind of cook. I "just make" things all the time, and so when people ask me for recipes, it's so hard. It drives my friends crazy. I will have to break this with Tasty Tuesday. Thanks so much for linking up for the party. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks easy and yummy too.
Ginger

Joyce said...

Now I know what we are having for dinner tonight. Thanks for posting.
Joyce

Diane said...

I make sausage and potatoes at least twice a month. It's fast and easy and you can make it in the morning and warm it up for supper. Delicious!